Do you want to expand your FinTech business to Hong Kong, Asia’s world city?
Our services for your successful start in Hong Kong:
- Researching the Hong Kong FinTech market
- Setting up and running a Hong Kong subsidiary on behalf of you
- Advising you on funding and government support, e.g., the Global Fast Track Programme or the Cyberport Incubation Programme
- Introducing you to key decision-makers in Hong Kong’s FinTech community
- Finding the right location for your office in Hong Kong
- Supporting marketing and sales initiatives
- Identifying and facilitating pitching opportunities
- Evaluating and recommending accelerator & incubator programs
- Translating documents and marketing materials
- Advising you on legal and tax matters via our Hong Kong partner HKP
We support you in German, English, Cantonese, and Mandarin languages.
Advantages of the FinTech ecosystem in Hong Kong
Hong Kong offers lots of advantages for international FinTech companies. Hong Kong has a strong business culture, a sound technological infrastructure, a huge network of customers, ample funding opportunities, strong government support, and a world-class talent pool.
Hong Kong has started series of initiatives in order to consolidate the advantages of this FinTech hub: the Innovation and Technology Venture Fund launched by the Hong Kong Government; the FinTech Supervisory Sandbox and the FinTech Innovation Hub by the Hong Kong Monetary Authority; the largest FinTech space in the world by Cyberport and many more.
Furthermore, Hong Kong has a unique role as the springboard between international markets and Mainland China. Local and overseas FinTech companies can enjoy Hong Kong’s advantages in market access into the Mainland through the Closer Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA) and other market-opening measures.
The latest trend in Hong Kong is virtual banks. The Hong Kong Monetary Authority granted eight virtual banking licenses in 2019:
- ZA Bank, co-owned by Mainland Chinese online insurer ZhongAn Online P&C Insurance and Sinolink Group
- Airstar, backed by Mainland Chinese tech giant Xiaomi and AMTD Group
- WeLab Bank, a subsidiary of Hong Kong Fintech company WeLab
- Livi Bank, backed by Mainland Chinese e-commerce giant JD.com and Bank of China Hong Kong
- Fusion Bank, backed by the ICBC, Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing, Tencent, and Hillhouse Capital
- Ant Bank, backed by Ant Group
- Ping An OneConnect Bank, a subsidiary of Ping An Insurance Company
- Mox Bank, backed by Standard Chartered and other companies
We support you in starting successfully in Hong Kong.