Will the current pandemic serve as a catalysator for sustainable finance and development – or further delay ambitious plans in politics and business? What will be the role of a post-election USA? What is the state of play of the EU Sustainable Finance Action Plan? What happened to the pledge to link EU recovery funds to a Green New Deal? And, above all, how do FinTechs promoting sustainable finance and development navigate these agitated waters?
The SDG FinTech Initiative organized a webinar on FINTECH DRIVING SUSTAINABLE FINANCE & DEVELOPMENT – A GLOBAL OVERVIEW AND AN UPDATE FROM FRANKFURT on 10 November 2020.
One of the foremost experts in the field, former Executive Director of Global Compact Georg Kell, gave the keynote.
The schedule of the webinar in detail:
- Welcome Remarks
Dr. Jochen Biedermann & Georg Schattney, SDG FinTech Initiative
- Covid-19 – An accelerator for ESG investing and corporate sustainability
Georg Kell, Founder and former Executive Director of Global Compact,
- The devil is in the data. Arabesque’s quantitative-driven approach to sustainable investing
Dr. Inna Amesheva, ESG Research & Regulatory Solutions, Arabesque S-Ray GmbH
- Empowering Africa’s Micro, Small, and Medium-sized Enterprises (MSMEs)
Gilles komi Maglo, Founder and CEO of MES & DAK
- Direct action: how impact-driven crowd investors are transforming the global energy landscape
Martin Baart, CEO of Ecoligo
- Melanin Kapital: A financial advisory firm connecting social impact entrepreneurs in Africa with European investors, business partners, and mentors.
Mélanie Keita, CEO of Melanin Kapital